Website Southern California Edison
Do you feel ready to be a part of something bigger than yourself? Join the Clean Energy Revolution at SCE.
We want team members who want to invest their skills and intellect into something that matters—like solving one of the most meaningful issues of our time. It’s what we do. At Southern California Edison (SCE), you get to help power the planet while drastically reducing carbon emissions and creating cleaner air for everyone. You’re a critical piece of the solution. Are you ready to help build a better tomorrow?
At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world. SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation’s leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here.
Position Summary :
As an Attorney in SCE’s Law Department, you will play a key role in all legal issues affecting the utility. We need you to represent SCE on complex environmental matters that include permitting, compliance and enforcement actions arising under federal and California laws and regulations.
Detailed work you will be doing…
– Provide legal support to various leaders in other areas of the business, while collaborating with other Company representatives on decisions that impact utility operations.
– Represent SCE before federal, state, and local agencies on permitting and compliance issues.
– Draft or review environmental documents, permit applications, regulatory filings, and briefs.
– Direct and manage outside counsel retained to support the company’s legal needs.
Qualifications you need…
– Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited nationally recognized law school.
– Current member in good standing of the State Bar of CA.
– In your 4th or greater year of experience practicing environmental law. Your combined experience can be at a law firm, corporate in-house setting, or government authority.
Other qualifications that are nice to have…
– Top academic credentials.
– Experience with the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and/or Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act.
– Experience in the utility or energy industry or administrative agency practice.
– Experience working with client organizations to develop and carry-out strategic initiatives, e.g., identification of factual and legal issues, development of environmental policies and programs, legal pleadings, and legal briefs.
– Ability to independently handle proceedings as lead attorney in matters before regulatory agencies.
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team including an ability to promote positive cooperation within the legal team, internal clients, and outside counsel.
You should know…
– Relocation is available for this position, and who wouldn’t want to live in sunny Southern California?
– You should be legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
– We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.