Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, curious, adaptive, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel for Instagram. The role is dedicated to advising on products that may combine consumer-facing features, business features, and monetization strategies. The role requires application of complex, evolving legal frameworks to new and innovative products and services. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team, learn about interesting new technologies and business models, and work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Review global products, features, platforms and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including consumer protection, intermediary liability, advertising, data protection, intellectual property, and other global legal frameworks.
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 8+ years of legal experience.
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally.
- Technology, consumer protection, intermediary liability, advertising, privacy, or IP litigation or regulatory experience.
- In-house experience and/or experience working with technology or Internet companies.
- Product review experience.
- International experience.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.