- JD degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of attorney work experience in business development, intellectual property matters and contract law.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in California.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience drafting services agreements, sales agreement, licenses, and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of hardware operations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft and manage licenses and intellectual property agreements, advertising services agreements on a daily basis.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from licensing, business development, advertising sales, marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise business clients, as well as finance and other company colleagues, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.