Tyson & Mendes
We are currently hiring attorneys for our four California locations!
We are Different- At Tyson & Mendes, “the way it has always been done” is questioned every day.
In a rapidly advancing society, a modern law firm needs to adapt quickly. We proactively look for ways to
Improve our processes and culture, and we value and act on employee feedback.
We are Innovative.
We are Bold.
We are Tyson & Mendes.
We are committed to delivering on our promises.
Are you the best? Are you committed to delivering on your promises? We seek an experienced litigation associate to join our team of award-winning litigators. Can you hit the ground running? Have experience defending civil litigation matters, handling depositions and motion work, with a focus on personal injury law. Do you have five or more years of solid litigation experience and are ready to take a step forward in your career?
If you want to work for an organization that is reimagining what it means to be a law firm today, has its employees best interest in mind, and is uniquely equipped to help you achieve your true potential – We want to hear from you!
Apply now for this position
• Develop a case theme that is more compelling than any plaintiff ploy for sympathy or anger
• Refuse to accept mediocrity, the average, the standard or the norm in anything
• Independently handle court appearances, depositions, briefs and trials
• Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
• Routine communications with clients
• Cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients
• Provide leadership and direction with respect to less experienced attorneys
• JD from an ABA approved school
• Must be licensed in your state
• 5+ years of solid litigation experience, specifically with litigation support, deposition and trial preparation
• Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
• Experience handling insurance defense matters preferred
• Experience with time management systems
• Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
• Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Guaranteed bonus structure for attorneys and paralegals
• A variety of healthcare plans (some at no cost to the employee)
• Student loan repayment assistance OR 529 college savings program for attorneys
• 401K matching
• Paid parental leave
• Flexible vacation policy for attorneys
• Internal education and leadership development programs
• Internal diversity and inclusion programs, such as the Women’s Initiative and Young Professionals Initiative
• Firm-wide charitable giving program
• Numerous social and off-site events each year to enrich your relationships with your colleagues
Why Tyson & Mendes?
We are one of the country’s fastest growing civil defense firms, we have steadily and successfully made our mark as a trailblazer in the legal ecosphere. We are a progressive, dynamic and diverse firm that prides ourselves in breaking the mold upheld by the “traditional” law firm. Here, you will discover an exceptionally smart, deeply talented team of trial lawyers who have continuously made a profound impact on the lives of literally hundreds of thousands of people. From Howell vs. Hamilton Meats, to our many trial wins, our promise is to provide unparalleled service and achieve exceptional results for our clients.
In addition to our outstanding legal work, we take an innovative approach to law firm management; we invest wholly in our employees. From our specialized internal training program on our proven defense methods, to clear paths to leadership and partnership, we provide the professional development resources and tools needed for attorneys to make significant advancements in their careers – all while building their own brands and becoming sought-after experts in their respective fields.
OK, now for the legal copy (we are a law firm, after all). It is Tyson & Mendes’ policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. By the way, if you read all of this, congratulations – we can already tell your attention to detail is exceptional.
Follow along with the firm on Twitter and LinkedIn, or visit www.tysonmendes.com.
How to Apply: