Carothers DiSante & Freudenberger LLP (CDF) is one of the top labor and employment law defense firms in California with five locations spanning the state and celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2019. CDF defends employers with workforces in California in all types of employment-related legal matters. Our offices are located in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.
The firm has been named one of the Best Law Firm for Female & Minority Attorneys for firm’s of our size in 2018 and 2019 by Law360. In addition, CDF was listed to the San Francisco Business Times list of Top Bay Area Law Firms in 2018 and the Sacramento Magazine’s list of Top Lawyers in 2019.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
CDF promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable state and Federal law.
CDF’s Sacramento office has an opportunity for an attorney between 1-5 years of experience in employment litigation to join a tight-knit group of dedicated and diverse professionals. These attorneys will work on litigation and non-litigation matters for a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations across many industries.
alary & Benefits:
CDF offers a competitive and comprehensive healthcare benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and firm-paid benefits such as life insurance, short & long-term disability, Telemedicine, employee assistance program, and a generous paid parental leave program.
In addition, CDF provides a full range of training, mentoring and development programs including regular firm-wide Attorney Retreats, MCLE expense reimbursement, and several competitive bonus programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending upon experience, the associate should expect to be involved in all aspects of our practice, including but not limited to, pre-complaint investigation, case analysis and strategy, drafting and responding to discovery, taking and defending depositions, motions and other court appearances, administrative matters before the DLSE, NLRB, DFEH, and other agencies, union negotiations and relations, assisting in arbitration and trials, mediations, counseling and advice work, client development and recruitment, and legal research and writing on a wide variety of areas. Litigation will generally consist primarily of single-plaintiff EEO litigation and PAGA and class action wage and hour litigation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of California.
- Must have a California bar license.
- During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice.
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- 1-5 years of experience in labor and employment law litigation in California.
- Class action experience preferable.
- Litigation experience in California is preferable.
- Successful candidates will be highly motivated, possess excellent writing, analytical and people skills, value a team environment, and will be prepared to work independently and assume significant responsibilities.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Ability to commence work as soon as possible and no later than February 3, 2020.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a 1) cover letter, 2) resume and 3) law school transcript (if available) in PDF format.
[email protected] (note in Subject Line: CMCP Job Posting Response).