Founded in 2008, Keyes & Fox specializes in administrative and transactional law, with a focus on renewable energy and transportation electrification. Our practice provides opportunities to participate in a wide spectrum of skill areas, including
energy project support, transactional work, policy development, and administrative litigation.
Work-life balance and inclusivity are integral to our firm. We ask associates to target 1,400 billable hours per year and allow for full flexibility to work from home. Keyes & Fox LLP highly values the benefits of diversity. We welcome lawyers from all backgrounds to join our team and strongly encourage attorneys from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Keyes & Fox LLP, a boutique clean energy firm, is hiring a transactional associate attorney to work with us on renewable energy, storage and electrification deals. We are seeking 3rd to 5th year lateral associates with experience in utility and commercial-scale PPAs, EEI and WSPP transactions, REC transactions and EPC agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate will primarily focus on supporting the firm’s clean energy transactional work, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various agreements to support the development of clean energy projects, such as renewable energy power purchase agreements (PPAs); transactions under Edison Electric Institute and WSPP agreements for energy, RECs, and capacity; property rights agreements, such as licenses, easements, and leases; engineering, procurement and construction contracts (EPCs); and other commercial agreements.
Skills and Competencies
• Keen attention to detail (required)
• Strong legal research, analytical, and negotiation skills
Qualifications and Prior Experience
• An active membership in good standing of the California Bar and a juris doctor degree from a well-respected law school (required);
• Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience working on clean energy transactions and agreements in either a law firm, government entity, or in-house legal role (required);
• Familiarity with California wholesale markets for energy, RECs, and capacity (strongly preferred);
• Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating PPAs, EPCs, and real property rights agreements for renewable energy, storage and electrification transactions (strongly preferred); and
• Experience with EEI and WSPP energy, RECs, and capacity transactions (desired).
How to Apply
A cover letter, resume, and writing sample are requested, and should be sent to
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15, 2023 (earlier applications are strongly encouraged).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com