The CMCP Ambassadors Council
Supporting the mission and work of CMCP, and expanding CMCP’s reach and effectiveness, via the active engagement of its members.
The Application Deadline for 2019 has passed.
All Ambassadors must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of four years of law practice, including practice as an in-house lawyer, as an outside counsel, or as a judicial law clerk.
- Law firm non-partner or in-house non-manager at the time elected as an Ambassador.
- A demonstrated record of promoting diversity in the legal profession.
- A demonstrated record of interest and commitment to CMCP as a primary diversity organization.o Outside counsel must practice in a CMCP-member law firm.
- Ambassador terms are two (2) years, beginning in April at the annual CMCPAC in-person meeting.Application Timing and Form:
- All applicants for the CMCPAC must submit a completed, signed CMCP Application during the Application Period (the third week in October through the first week in January each year).
- The Application Period for 2019 is from October 12, 2018 – January 11, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted to CMCP at: [email protected]
- For additional Information about the CMCPAC, contact the Chair [email protected] or contact the Vice Chair [email protected]
Based on input from Ambassadors, including gathering input from an online survey, Ambassadors are required to do the following to keep their membership in good standing:
- Attend the April All-Council Retreat
- Attend Conference In-Person Council Meeting
- Attend at least one telephone-only Council Meeting
- Attend the Annual Conference in October
- Plan at least one CMCPAC Event/Program per year
- Attend at least one non-conference CMCPAC event
Although not required, Ambassadors are encouraged to do the following:
- Have each Ambassador’s organization sponsor the Conference
- Bring colleagues to the Annual Conference
- Bring new member prospects to Annual Conference
- Bring colleagues to a non-conference CMCPAC event
- Bring new member prospects to a non-conference CMCPAC event
- Have your organization sponsor or host a non-conference CMCPAC event
- Attend events of other diversity organizations where CMCP is a sponsor/honoree
- Solicit new CMCP member organizations
- Serve on a speaker panel, or secure a speaker, for a CMCPAC event
- Promote CMCP to other organizations
- Participate on a formal or ad hoc CMCPAC committee